Message From Dermot
We have come to another end of year, as we celebrate our final core value ‘Pride’. Pride couldn’t be a more suitable core value for Canal Way this month. We join together in nation wide Pride celebrations, while also reflecting on our school year with great pride. This year we –
- Took delivery of our new building and opened 6 new classrooms.
- Reclaimed our school spaces.
- Completed a full year in school, while managing the fall out from the pandemic.
- Re-established our school culture and activities following lockdown.
- Secured funding for site resurfacing and refurbishments to increase our learning support areas.
I would like thank the children and families for their support, hard work and patience throughout the year. Thank you to the Board of Management for supporting me and also a big thanks to the Parent’s Association Committee. I would like to thank our staff management team for supporting our school.
The final thank you from me, and I am sure from all of our community, goes to our staff. Our staff have worked extremely hard this year, and their dedication and energy was inspiring. Thank you for making the year so enjoyable for the children, and for delivering high quality teaching and learning in a fun and happy atmosphere. Go raibh míle maith agaibh.